Love at First Sight?

When I reached high school, I started to like watching romantic movies and reading love stories (novels). There were a lot of instances where in the girl fell in love to the guy she just met or the guy fall in love to the girl in their first encounter. So, I asked to myself... Is it true? I mean, does it really happen in real life?

According to Wikipedia, Love at first sight is an emotional condition whereby a person feels romantic attraction for a stranger on the first encounter with the stranger. The term may be used to refer to a mere sexual attraction or crush, but it usually refers to actually falling in love with someone literally the very first time one sees him or her, along with the deep desire to have an intimate relationship with that person. The stranger may or may not be aware that the other person has any such notion, and may not even be aware of the other person's presence (such as in a crowded place). Sometimes two people experience this phenomenon towards each other at the same time, usually when their eyes meet.

I've read somewhere that Scientists study our brain activity and say that it’s quiet possible but there are many who really don't believe that it exist, and some people claim that it happened to them.

Psychologists say that love at first sight depends on our psychological state at the moment. In some case we won’t even notice those charming eyes in another they can make a lasting impression. Also they say that it takes about 30 seconds to fall in love or precisely speaking to estimate whether the person is worth to fall in love with. By the way psychologists claim that men fall in love first.

In my own opinion, I don't believe in Love At First Sight but I do believe in attraction at first sight which eventually lead to falling in love to that same person when time pass by..

How about you, do you believe in love at first sight? Do you think it's possible to see Mr. or Mrs. Right from afar and just know instantly that they are the ONE?


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

8 comments:

WarPony said...

I agree with you. I don't think you can really truly LOVE someone at first sight, but I do think you can feel that instant attraction to them that feels a lot like love and can grow into love.

But I also think it depends a lot on what you consider "love". For me love is really knowing all the little things about a person and still loving them anyway, hehe! I think you have a strong attraction to someone but to really honestly love them you have to get to know them.

But that is just how I feel. I know some people who swear they fell in love at first sight and they have been together and madly in love for years and years. So who knows?

Avogana said...

I believe it is possible to fall in love at first site. However, the person you are falling in love with doesn't really exist. As you get to know each other more you'll discover who the other person really is and if you're lucky you will love them just as much or more than when you first saw them.

zackyza said...

call your love everyday.. see below

http://metropolis09.blogspot.com/2009/01/lovers-call.html

thanks

Sheila-Army Wife said...

I met my husband on the internet 8yrs and 2month ago. We actually did fall in love at first site. We just knew that we were meant to be together, soul mates. We were married 6weeks after our first email. We both had been married before and we are older, Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not, but we are very happily married 8yrs on Valentines Day.

Bogdan Miclea said...

Well i attraction at first sight not love that Im sure

Reeky said...

I did. But maybe you are right, I fell "in attraction to, with potential for love" at first sight.

married 14 years now.
met roller blading. someone who like me, brought along a fried to skate. I looked beyond the one who liked me and fell in love/lust/attraction to my future wife. We fell for each other. It was pretty funny because I thought I was coming down with a cold or something but it was LOVE. Seriously, I felt feverish and everything. Now, let me back up, I was in my thirties, had dated and even lived with a decent number of women so I wasn't lacking in previous experiences. It was funny.

Then after dating for a while, I actually got called into my bosses office at work and was reprimanded for being SO in love. I think bossman said something like this, "We are so happy you are in love, but for crying out loud, do yourself and us a favor and GET SOME SLEEP. It's affecting your work, so much so it could cost you your job"

I got some sleep. We're together 15+ years now. I happens, we're proof.

BC LÉTOURNEAU said...

i fall in love too many times in a day.
life is beautiful. women are gorgeous.

bc

www.freedomandsport.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

Definitely depends on your definition of "love" - I think you can fall into deep "like" at first sight, but true love takes time.

Then of course there's "Love is a decision." So maybe if you DECIDE to love someone unconditionally at first sight that could be considered love at first sight? ;-)

I myself couldn't make a decision like that based on appearance.