Ever experienced Sexual Discrimination?


We all know that every part of the world, there are different types of people. There are racist, sexist and etc.. But have you ever experienced discriminated by other people because of your sexual gender?

Let's define first - What is Sexism?

Wikipedia define the word:

Sexism, a term coined in the mid-20th century, refers to the belief or attitude that one gender or sex is inferior to or less valuable than the other. It can also refer to hatred of, or prejudice towards, either sex as a whole, or the application of stereotypes of masculinity in relation to men, or of feminity in relation to women. It is also called male and female chauvinism. Historically and across many cultures, sexism has resulted in the subjugation of women to men. Many men and women espousing feminism, masculism and other ideologies have worked toward dispelling sexist beliefs.

Sexism is a form of discrimination based on gender. While many people use the term specifically to describe discrimination against women, sexism can also affect men, and other genders like intersexuals, and transsexuals.


I personally haven't experienced that kind of discrimination but I am against to it!

How about you? Have you experienced this kind of inequality?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 comments:

WarPony said...

I have experienced this at one of my jobs. All of the women where treated like they were too stupid to be worth anything while the boss treated all of the guys like they were just perfect and could do no wrong. It was horrible, but then a woman got hired to be HIS boss and boy did things change fast!

franz abrasado said...

hi, nice blog you have with very interesting topics, keep it up,

please visit my site also at http://pcdomination.blogspot.com

thanks

Anonymous said...

In my field there was a lot of times men just couldn't beleive I could successfully sell commercial real estate. Thirty years later I just ignore them and keep collecting my checks...

Nice blog thanks for visiting mine.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Dorothy L said...

In my line of work which besides running blogs and a website for women...I am a construction painter. It is quite interesting how the mentality of different professions are in regards to their views on woman in work boots.
I never ran into any type of sexism in the 5 years that I have ben painting although I truly believe if you do not send out any invites and you do your job diligently..there usually is no room for anything but equal respect.

I think woman can be just as sexist as men if they have power.

All in all at the end of the day we are all people :)